A bucket elevator, also called a grain leg, is a mechanism for hauling flow able bulk materials (most often grain or fertilizer) vertically. A bucket elevator can elevate a variety of bulk materials from light to heavy and from fine to large lumps. Industrial Bucket Elevator are made in a variety of shapes, weights and sizes, utilizing centrifugal buckets or continuous buckets. The belt can be made of natural fibers, rubber, plastic or metal.
Form 0.5 TPH up to 200 TPH capacity bucket elevator for all powdery material can be designed and supplied. We offer pin bush type chain for long life and maintenance free operation.Bucket Elevator are commonly used in Chemical Industry, Food industry, paper Industry, steel Industry Cement Industry.
- Range – 0.5TPH to 200TPH.
- Type – Chain & Belt Type.
- Handling Temp – Up to 1100 degree C.
Limitations of the system include the following points
- Lump size should be under 100mm.
- The material should not be very sticky.
- The temperature of the materials should be ambient or slightly above.
- The materials should not be excessively corrosive or abrasive.
Bucket Elevators consists of following items
- Buckets to contain the material.
- A belt to carry the buckets and transmit the pull. Means to drive the belt.
- Accessories for loading the buckets or picking up the material, for receiving the discharged material, for maintaining the belt tension and for enclosing and protection the elevator.
Chain Bucket Elevators
For toothed drive either a continuous calibrated round link chain is used with special bucket attachments or RUD Central-Chain. Power Mech Systems Abrasion Chain Bucket Elevator are designed in accordance to DIN standards. Chain Elevator either have twin round link chains or single RUDCentral-Chain type RU. The elevating chain is either driven with friction wheels or toothed wheels. All buckets are in accordance to DIN 15234.
Chain Bucket Elevators are normally used
- When the product temperature is in excess of 120°C. (The chain is suitable for a max temperature of 250°C.)
- For large lumpy material, which would require a center discharge and runat slow speed.
- Granular, dust and powders can also be handled in chain bucket elevator.
There are many styles of buckets which can be used
- AA Style.
- CC (close centre buckets).
- DIN buckets.
- Gravity discharge buckets.
- Many more.
Bucket Materials are
- Pressed Mild Steel.
- Press Stainless Steel grade 304.